Golf Tourism Scotland is seeking two new Board members. As Directors of the company, the new Board members will exercise corporate responsibilities for the business and drive its development.
Golf Tourism Scotland (GTS) is the industry leadership organisation established in 2005 to grow the value and reputation of Scotland’s Golf Tourism and represents the diverse golf tourism interests in Scotland. Our aim is by 2020 to grow the industry to a value of £300 million and our vision is for Scotland to be the “Leading Golfing Destination in the World”.
It is a partnership forged by GTS across the tourism industry and is supported by Scottish Enterprise and VisitScotland.
A not-for-profit, private sector organisation, GTS is a membership body, working with over 200 Golf Tourism businesses of all sizes to support their own growth and increased profitability.
So, do you want to play a part in one of Scotland’s key tourism sectors?
Golf Tourism Scotland is seeking two new Board members. As Directors of the company, you will exercise corporate responsibilities for the business and drive its development. However, you will also play a key role in directing the strategic development of the Golf Tourism Industry; an industry seeking to grow its sales both at nationally and internationally.
Remuneration & time commitment
The Board meets four times per year, with meetings held in locations across Scotland. In addition, there may be requests to attend other key engagements and events throughout the year. The position is unremunerated, but expenses can be paid on request.
Experience & skills
· Ability to contribute to the work of Golf Tourism Scotland, ensuring the organisation remains relevant to all stakeholders and provides leadership on behalf of the industry
· Ability to contribute effectively to strategic planning processes and to grasp the principles of corporate governance
· Ability to challenge constructively and contribute to high quality decision-making and priority setting within a Board/team environment
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a range of stakeholders.
· Knowledge and understanding of the role & responsibilities of a Company Director
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Golf Tourism industry in Scotland
· Applications would be particularly welcomed from individuals with experience of the whisky or fishing industries, but this is by no means an essential requirement.
Appointments will be made on merit, but the organisation is committed to diversity and equality.
Applications are sought by way of a short covering letter outlining experience in relation to the skills outlined above.
Please send all applications via email to: Scott Abercrombie, email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially. For any further background, please contact Stewart Walker, GTS Chairman, in the first instance via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 31 August 2013.