- Consideration and adoption of the Chairman’s report.
- Consideration and adoption of annual accounts.
- Agree subscription rates for ensuing year.
- Receive results of elections to the Executive Board.
- Appoint the auditors of the Company.
The meeting has been arranged for the same date as the GTS awards ceremony and dinner, and it is hoped that as many members as possible will attend. Please note that, in terms of the Articles of Association of the company, the following have to be submitted to reach me by Thursday 16th October at the latest:
- Notice of any business that a paid-up ordinary member wishes to have transacted at the meeting.
- Nominations of paid-up ordinary members to serve as Directors of the company. A member seeking appointment as a Director must be nominated by two paid-up ordinary members, and the nomination must include a statement from the person seeking appointment stating his or her willingness to be appointed.
The categories of membership for which nominations are sought are:
- a) Golf courses with accommodation (1 vacancy)
- b) Accommodation with 20 rooms or fewer (1 vacancy)
- c) Accommodation with more than 20 rooms (1 vacancy)
- d) Exclusive use properties (1 vacancy)
- e) Golf tour operator (1 vacancy)
Resignations have been received in advance of the meeting from Luke Borwick and Gary Wilkinson.
Jamie Gardner is due to retire from the current Board as the longest-serving elected member, but is available for re-election. Lee Derrick, Nick White and Fraser Cromarty stand down as co-opted Directors but are available for election.
All fully paid up ordinary members are eligible to stand for election within the category in which they are members. A nomination form accompanies this letter. Each nomination should be signed by two fully paid up ordinary members, and the person being nominated must also sign the form to indicate his/her willingness to be nominated. Completed nomination forms must reach me by 16th October 2008. It will be sufficient for an unsigned electronic copy to reach me by that date, provided that a signed hard copy arrives no later than Friday 17th October 2007.
If a ballot is required in one or more membership categories, the Articles of Association require this to be a postal ballot, held in advance of the AGM. I will therefore circulate ballot papers if required after nominations close on 17th October. Only members in the membership category concerned are eligible to vote in a ballot for election of a Director in that category. Instructions on how to vote in the ballot and the deadline for submitting ballot papers will be issued if a ballot is required.
We look forward to seeing as many members as possible at the AGM. If you have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Post a Comment