A number of members have requested information on seeking additional marketing funds for 2009. GTS are now looking at projects with VisitScotland at a strategic level but felt that members could be made more aware of what is available for joint projects. The fund could be used for regional initiatives or cross sectoral marketing of events and promotions. The following is from the website.
"The VisitScotland Growth Fund is a project part-financed by the European Union, designed to encourage new and collaborative marketing activity that attracts more visitors to Scotland and makes it easier for them to book their visit. The Growth Fund builds on the success of the Challenge Fund which, over two years, (February 2005 to May 2007):
- awarded £1.35million
- supported 100 successful groups and
- worked with over 3000 individual tourism businesses throughout Scotland.
- Max of 40% towards total project costs up to a maximum of £65,000
- group has to be formally constituted
- contributions are towards well researched and articulated marketing programmes that will contribute to increased visitors and visitor spend etc.